Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ladies Night!




Last Night I had an amazing night with my girlfriends.  We all work together, but because of out positions we do not get enough time to spend with each other.  However we are the committee that plans the events for our company, and we are planning our Super Summer Bash!  We did tour a prospective place, then and discussed it in true "Ruby Form" deciding for Martini's!  Normally I would just say "Sorry guys I've got to get home, next time for sure." but there never seems to be a next time.  This time I told Chris that I wanted to go out with the girls tonight after viewing the venue.  He has a gym class that night, so normally I have to get right home.  He was fully supportive, of course he would stay home with the kids that night.  I deserved to go out for some fun adult time without him.

Wow!  It was never that Chris makes me stay home, I honestly felt guilty.  True mom style, I know.  I feel like, I work outside of the house so I should want to spend all me free time with my family.  In reality, I enjoy being thought of as a woman and not having a discussion about my children.  Does that mean that I'm not an involved parent?  Does that somehow mean that I am going to miss something that was "the life moment" that they will remember forever?  Um, Probably not! 

After beating myself up for the afternoon, I went.  I had a great time!  It was so much fun to spend time without the kids and without Chris.  To be a woman, with other women.  I realized that this is a good thing!  Recently I have spent to much time enthralled in the well being of my children.  I am working on my control issues and I think this is an area that I needed to most help in.  I may still feel guilty walking in the door as they are ready to fall asleep, but they are in excellent hands, and probably like a night with just dad once in a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment