Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Nuts for Nails!

"I believe in manicures.  I believe in overdressing.  I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick.  I believe in pink.  I believe happy girls are the pretties girls.  I believe that tomorrow is another day, and....I believe in miracles." Audrey Hepburn



I simply adore Audrey, and Hollywood's "Golden Age".  And cue Asteroid Galaxy Tour's  "Golden Age" now! Ah, I'm getting sidetracked before I got started again! You'll have to excuse me, I took an extra long weekend with the kids and Chris so I've been lounging around, and may or may not have had a tad to much wine tonight.  I may have said this before, but I am a big Pinterest fan!  Recently I have given in to those pins.....those pins that are nail art!

I consider myself a reasonably crafty lady.  I love crafting, and seeing other people's creations inspire me to no end.  I have never felt comfortable experimenting with nail art.  I love polishes, and wearing bold colors and have tried those press on polish designs that have flooded the market.  I wish that i had the time to get manicures all the time, but I don't see that happening any time soon.  I don't want to go through summer with boring ol' one dimensional plain Jane's!  I want "SPECTACULAR NAILS"!

Here's where pinterest comes in.  If you are a "pinner" then you are welcome to check out my nailsNailsNAILS!!! board or follow me!  I listed some of my favorites!



These beautiful nails I found over at thebeautydepartment.com I love her tutorial, and it seems simple enough....now I just have to find that perfect blue color!




How hot are these, ultra-feminine nails!  I love the pink with the white glitter SO PRETTY!  Nicole over at Nail Polish Wars put these together, and I am really excited to try this out!



I really love this technique, I'm not sure where this pic is from, I found it on Pinterest, but the link was broken.  If it's yours please e-mail me your link and I direct all credit where it's due!  I am really excited to see what combo's I can come up with!





 

These look absolutely amazing to me!  The amazing gals over at Hey, Nice Nails! have put together an amazing photo tutorial!  After reading through it myself, there were a few points that I needed to see done, so I was able to find a video put on YouTube.com uploaded by SimpleLittlePleasures of an amazing neon water marble nail video here.   


WOW!  I cannot wait to try this!  The Nail Buff always creates amazing designs and I am really excited to give this one a try!!  I think it may take some time but could really be worth it! 

Well these are my inspirations as I take on the new adventure that is Nail Art!  What do you think?  Is it worth it to do your Mani at home compared to paying $30+ to have it done somewhere else?  Who knows, maybe I'll start a new trend.....Mani Mondays!

No comments:

Post a Comment