Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spring time Fun and Surgery

Spring is just around the corner! I know it is. It has to be. I know that if we get our garden’s started, and try really hard that spring will be here before we know it! This is Portland Oregon, and I adore it here! Spring is normally a rainy time for us, but we get those beautiful days that make up for it. There is still a chill in the air, but few things are as beautiful as a sunny spring morning in Portland.
I am still recovering from surgery, but I cannot just lay around a house for days on end sleeping precious time away! Lucky for me, we have a well stocked art supply cart and an imagination!





We made stained glass eggs, our annual egg garland, egg basket cookies, a sunflower peeps cake, and even spring time Macaroni and Cheese!
I have been making these egg garlands since I was a child with my mother and sister, it is always so nice to craft things like this with my own children. Full circle moment for sure! I have planned spring cleaning for next weekend, but I did want to get a start on the art supply cart since I can do that while I am temporarily disabled. I found that we had a lot of well used crayons that could use some repurposing. So I came up with these! Both of these tutorials can be found on the Creat page. My girlfriend was grateful enough to share the adorable peeps sunflower cake that she makes every year, it came out so adorable! We also baked egg basket cookies, which are really just a variation of our egg basket cupcakes from last year. We even had homemade spring time macaroni and cheese, I just died the noodles different colors. I used the neon dye for these, just added to the water that is boiling the noodles, the kids LOVED it! I did add a couple hints for the peeps sunflower cake and the egg basket cookies on the Yumm! page

No comments:

Post a Comment