Monday, August 13, 2012

Ruby Summer Soiree

Ruby Summer Soiree 2012 was a huge success!  If you follow my Facebook page than you are by know totally aware of how absolutely awesome my company is!  We are setting the bar across the US and really doing wonderful things for small businesses.  We are a company of (mostly) women, working hard every day, giving everything we have to make other peoples day easier, caring for each other and making valuable connections daily. 

We have 2 annual parties, our Summer Bash and our Holiday Party.  This summer we tried something new, and went to a winery.  We ladies love to get together and visit, we love when we can bring our significant other's to enjoy it with us, but honestly we Ruby's LOVE to party!  I am part of the event planning committee, and truly enjoy my role in that.  So I knew before we got there, that this was going to be amazing! 

As I was getting ready, I was not the most organized person.  This previous week has been extremely strenuous on me, and I'm trying to push through.  I did not have any clue what I was going to do with my hair, what accessories I was going to wear, I didn't even have my shoes until the day of the party!  So in the morning I decided to lay everything out and then figure out my hair and make up when I got to it. 

I am in love with this dress!  Everything about my attire was last minuet, except this dress.  I saw it, and knew it would be perfect for the party, plus it was at Forever21 for a STEAL!



I always make sure that I clean out my purse and have it fully stocked for the night.  You always want to make sure that you have the essentials, like keys, wallet, and sunglasses.  I've found that you should always bring deodorant, because let's face it dancing is a workout!  You are close to a lot of people, and you do NOT want to be the one with the stinky pits (no matter how drunk everyone is, they always seem to remember you at your worst).  I like to keep a Ziploc baggie with my makeup for the night, eyelash glue, lipstick and liner, eyeliner, and a compress I usually throw bobby pins in there to, and one or two oil sheets.  I always bring a roll of scotch tape with me, because......ya never know!

 
I have SUPER-short hair, it's a short bob, that almost looks like a grown out pixie.  At the moment, I am in desperate need of a trim, but decided to hold off until after the shin-dig.  I really like the way the beachy waves look in the ladies with the long hair, but I wasn't sure it would work with short hair the same way.  But decided to give it a shot.  I'm really happy with how it turned out!  I used a really skinny curling iron and grabbed random pieces of hair and wrapped them around the closed curling iron for just a few seconds, enough to give it some curl with out being a tight spiral.  I did not curl all the pieces.  I have a couple of feather extensions in my hair and they are natural so I can curl them too!  I have a long leather necklace with feathers, so I wrapped that around my head to create a headband-head wrap style and secured it with bobby-pins.


 
 
 



We had an amazing DJ, the winery was amazingly accommodating.  We even had this company come and make flip books for us as opposed to traditional photo booth's.  Everything was a HUGE success! 



 
 
 
It was such a fun night, and I had an amazing time with some truly amazing ladies!  I could not be happier to go to work every day, and have found it an amazing escape from my reality at times.  I don't know a lot of people, especially in this economy who can say they enjoy being at work.  I love each and every one of my co-workers like they are family.  I feel truly blessed to have found this extraordinary company.  


No comments:

Post a Comment