Monday, April 8, 2013

Coral and Gold....

Just another mani Monday





Happy Monday!  I am still on vacation, so I will not be making it to the office this morning.  The kids got a surprise day off.  So what I thought would be a relaxing couple of days to myself with them away at school, is now only one day.  I'm slightly disappointed, but do plan on putting them to work by cleaning out the truck.  I'm taking it easy, enjoying the new Mani I created yesterday!








I have spent years comparing nail polishes from drug stores, beauty supply stores, and salons.  I like OPI, but have found them to be less than consistent.  I have fallen in love with Essie!  No matter a light pastel or a rich medallion tone, I am always satisfied with the coverage within 2 coats.  




Deciding I needed a new Spring pick me up, I went with Essie's Tart Deco. The glitter technique I use is quite simple.  After the base coat which I use on all my nails, I apply a coat of clear polish, and dip my finger into the bottle of glitter.  After shaking off the excess, I use a toothpick to form the glitter to my nail. Then 2-3 layers of top coat and I've got a blingin' nail! 






My nails are growing back from a terrible experience with a gel manicure.  I went to the salon for the first time without requesting acrylics, having let my natural nails grow to a substantial length.  The Mani itself quite pleasant, and the gel's looked great.  When I went to have them removed they left my nails peeling and brittle the next day. They were so weak I had to clip them and file them down to nearly the quick.  Needless to say I will stick with my at home Mani's from now on.  



Taking the time to give myself a Mani every Sunday or Saturday (depending on my weekend plans) makes me feel more feminine, and better about myself.  I get out my Mommy-Mani Kit, claim the telly watch a little Doctor Who and do my nails.  Usually I have a couple ladies who request mini-Mani's.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment