Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Morning Kick Start!

 


Oatmeal Breakfast Cobbler




Nothing better than a delicious breakfast to get the morning started right! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, or so they say.  Although I may have to disagree, breakfast is usually the meal I skip most often.  Not when I have this beauty ready to be devoured in the fridge!  This is wonderful fresh, and only takes a brief nuke in the microwave if you pull it from the fridge.  I have been known to dig into this right away with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.  It makes a great guilt free desert!






With 5 kids all in school, mornings are insane around here. I have been meaning to start a morning work out routine, that means that I will have to get myself up a little earlier each morning, but with swimsuit season just around the corner I am finding it more of an important unwelcome necessity.  Last years weight loss, has left my body in need of some serious tonnage!  This is one of those breakfasts that is super easy to throw together on a Sunday, and it's good all week.  Towards the end of the week, I do usually chop it up and pour some Almond milk on top, makes like an oatmeal cereal. 




Ingredients:

1-2 Bananas sliced
1 Cup Strawberries, or berries of your choice.
2 Cups Oats
1 egg
2 Cups Almond Milk (I used vanilla, it's what I had on hand)
1/4 Cup Honey
1 Teaspoon baking powder


Directions:

Whip together the egg, almond milk, honey and baking powder in medium sized bowl, add oats. Spray baking pan with cooking spray.  Line bottom of baking pan with sliced bananas and berries, leaving enough to to add as topping.  Pour the Oat/Milk mixture into pan.  Top with remaining bananas and berries.  Bake in oven at 350 deg. for 20 minuets. 


No comments:

Post a Comment