Friday, October 19, 2012

Asparagus Chicken Cheesy Bake!

 
 
Introducing our new and fabulous go to dinner item!  This one came from another mommy, and since she does not blog she was gracious enough to allow me to share!  She explained the basic idea to me, I just took it from there. 
 
 
 
 
 
I chopped up the chicken into bite sized pieces, and cooked them in the skillet over medium-high heat with some Italian seasoning, and some red pepper flakes for a lil' kick (not to much, a little goes a long way). 
 
 
 
 
 
While the chicken is cooking, I cooked the asparagus on a broiler pan, sprinkled some peanut oil atop, and then ground some sea salt and  baked those babies at 350 until ALMOST done.
 
 
 
 
 
I am a bit obsessive, and did this all in layers, however I have a feeling that it would work  quite well if you just threw it together.  I placed the asparagus on the bottom, then the penne noodles, then the chicken pieces.  I topped that with 1/2 a cup of peanut oil  baked it in the over at 350 for about 25 minuets, but depending on your oven you may need to adjust (mine sucks!).  
 
 
 
 
Once it was heated through, I took the bake out of the oven, and cranked that baby up to broil!  I sprinkled a layer of Mozzarella , then topped it with the Parmesan/Romano blend and threw it back in the oven just until it was done.
 

 
Didn't she come out beautifully!  The key is not overcooking the asparagus when you initially cook it.  Otherwise it could turn mushy, and no one wants that!  It was simple and easy and Delicious!
 
Bone Appetite!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment