Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Seasons Greetings

I love this time of year, the kids are so happy and well behaved as Christmas is just around the corner.  We are a blended religion family, in that I mean I am Jewish and my husband is Baptist. Although he does not practice regularly he cannot imagine NOT celebrating Christmas.  I know, I know BAD JEW!



I am tolerant of all religions, and although I would be perfectly fine with only celebrating Hanukkah and not having a Christmas tree I do not see a problem with allowing my children the freedom of religion.  Plus, now that my in-laws are with us all the time, my mother-in-law would pitch a fit if we didn't have a genuine Christmas tree. 


 
 
 
So I strapped on my Ralph Lauren rain boots, and bundled up in the warmest scarfs and hats I could find and off we went to find us an AWESOME Christmas tree!
 
 
 
 
 
We went to this cute quaint little tree farm out in Boring Oregon. Yes there is literally a town up here that is really called Boring, and yes it's quite boring from what I've seen.  It was family owned and they offered us hot apple cider, and coco for the kids!  The Manley men even offered to load the tree into the truck for us! 
 
 
 
 
It's very hard to find one that every member of the family agrees on!  But once we did, I think we over estimated the height of our ceiling, because the tree was WAY to big for our front room, it would have looked better in our entryway hahaha!
 
 
 

 
I have found joy in Christmas decorating over these past couple of years, and I'll admit the gaudier the better!   I love decorating all the time, but there's a warmth that comes with filling your home with twinkling lights and the smell of a tree in your living room that just makes the long Northwest nights seem a little more bearable. 
 
 

 


 
 
 
Wishing you and yours a very happy holiday whichever way you choose to celebrate it!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment