Saturday, November 10, 2012

Crafty Family!

Today I am thankful for my amazing family who has taught me that making something with your hands gives you a satisfaction unlike any other.  My mother and grandmother began making beautiful beaded earrings and selling them at craft shows when I was a small child.  They were gorgeous, I am only sorry that I do not have any pictures on hand or I would be showing those babies off!  My grandfather started taking metal framed lawn chairs and stripping away the plastic webbing, and replacing it wtih  macrame cord in stunning patterns and colors.  He too would sell these at craft shows, and my grandparents even started their own business for the company. 

 
 
For my coffee obsessed sister.


As a child my mother would have this large bright green box filled with crap.  Feathers, bells, string and yarn, noodles glitter, everything that you could think of and I would sit there and make art for hours.  Now as I craft with my daughters I can't help but look at there art and see some familiar patterns. 

 

 
For my drinking sisters.

 
Over the week I have started several crafty projects that I will blog soon, but as I looked at them today I felt an overwhelming sense of accomplishment.  I am giving my family items that they can and will use quite often and (hopefully) they will think of me for a moment.

 
For my mother and stepfather.
 
 
I will be blogging my Crafty Christmas Gifts, if you follow me on twitter (see above) I'll try and tweet  #DIYchristmas. 
 
Cheers and Happy DIYing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment